Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Into Council

We have received our letter from our CSR letting us know that our development application has officially been submitted to our local council....YAYYY!!!! Happy Dance.

The estimated time for it to be determined is 2 months so for now it will just be time to sit back and wait. Still we are very happy that we have finally reached this stage. it makes building feel like it's getting a whole lot closer and we can't wait!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Developer Approval Received

I came into work this morning to find an email from my CSR to say that we had Developer Approval...YAAAAYYY....Happy Dance occuring!

They are just waiting to receive the stamped originals back and they are ready to submit to council (which should be about a week).

Monday, February 14, 2011

Council changes


My CSO rang me yesterday to give me a heads up that council have changed their rules on Stormwater management. In site we already have a Storm Water pit at the rear and 2 at the front. Our plans show linking downpipes to the rainwater tank and then any excess from there to be re-directed by pipes to the SW pits. This might not be enough...might have to get a hydraulics plan or a stormwater management plan or worst case a whole new storm water detention pit. OMG I hope not the last one. Fingers crossed but will have to wait and see when we submit our DA.

in the meantime waiting for Developer approval still (should hear end of the week).

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm now on the exec committee

Well hubby and I went to the executive committee meeting last night and we are so glad we did. There were a lot of people there approx 20-30 people. The meeting was heated as there were a few contensious issues. it went for almost 3 hours!

The issue we were concerned about got through but it did get amended to be more reasonable. Although I still I believe it should not have gone through as we can see issues with it.

There was also a place become available on the executive committee so I nominated myself and got on. We are glad of this as we want to make sure that we know what is going on (good or bad).

Next meeting is in 3 months. Hopefully this will run smoother.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frustrated with Community living - and haven't even started to build yet

We just received in the post a notice for the next executive committee meeting for our estate. On it there are SO many motions, one of it being a new security deposit and report requirement for all new construnction commencing after 1st March.

I have so many problems with this...we hadn't included this cost in our budgets, there are only 10% of houses still to build (not fair on us 10%), and how to prove it's our builders fault. I have lodged an objection but I think they will still vote for it to go ahead anyways. Will find out on Wednesday night.

Small but some progress

our plans have just been lodged with the developer for approval. The developer usually takes 2 weeks to review.

If all goes well and Developer approves, we should be ready to go to council in 3 or so weeks.