Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 out of 3 (sides of fence that is)

The neighbours builders finally came out and "sort of" removed the excess fill, that is they removed part of it but didn't take it all back to original ground level.

The fencing between our neighbours and our block has now gone up. Unfortunately due to the uneven ground level we have a section which has a small gap under the fence and a section where the dirt is higher than the fence.

We will fix ourselves removing the excess dirt near the fence so the fence doesn't get wear quicker than it should.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tile Appointment booked

We have our tile appointment booked in for 2 weeks time. They recommended that we go to the dispay centre and complete a pre-selection viewing so we are familiar with it and our choices available by then.

So on the weekend we travelled out to Bella Vista and viewed the tiles. We want to keep the tone realtively neutral with a beige floor and white wall tile for the bathrooms and a sandy beige tile for the main living area. We have narrowed it down to some 300x300mm tiles for the bathroom floors with 300x400mm tiles for the walls and 450x450mm tiles for the main living area.

We are also looking at upgrading the bathrooms to be floor to ceiling wall tiles but it will come down to how much extra that will be. Will have to wait and see.

Will have some pics posted once the final decision is made in the tile appointment.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A good start to the week!

Our builder:
I have just spoken to our builder and they have our final work order plans and they will be sent out tomorrow for signing. Also our site supervisor has made a site inspection and all is good. Potentially we will be starting at site late this week or early next week.

Excess Fill:
I heard back from my neighbour this morning and he has talked to his builder again and finally the builder has agreed to removed the fill. They will be moving it sometime this week. Also the fencing between our properties is happening this week. (hopefully all finished before my builder starts on site).

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just waiting

Our Builder:
We sent back out list of changes/amendments required for our work order a week ago and are still waiting on the changed plans so we can complete the final sign off. I have been assured that this won't hold us up and production is in the process of ordering our materials but I'd just like to get the final plans signed so I know it's completed. Also the past few weeks it's been bright and sunny and weather going forward isn't as nice. I guess this is the luck of building.

Our excess fill:
I have been back in contact with our neighbour and have left messages for their builder too. They were happy to wait until our builder or landscaper had completed work to see if they'd move it for us (bascially so they wouldn't have to), I have said I am not happy to do this and that it's their responsibility to rectify the change in land level on our site (it's even on their stormwater plans that the ground level is to remain unchange). Will just have to see what happens next

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Work Order Received

Yesterday we received our work-order in the mail. Basically it's our tender, PCV's, plans, inclusions list etc that are used for ordering supplies and used on site.

I went through them in detail this morning and found 10-15 small amendments or ommissions that need to be fixed before we can sign them. I've sent the list off to my CSR but I don't think that they should take too long to fix.

Getting closer now.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Driveway selected

On Friday we realized that we hadnt made our driveway selections so the colour consultant directed us to the website where they have virtual viewing. Over the weekend we've also driven around to see what people have.

Our choices: a gun metal colour block stencil with a gun metal colour brick stencil border.

Fingers crossed the colour goes with our other selections.

Here is an example of our driveway (not our house though)

Thursday, May 5, 2011

New bricks decided

Well after some debate and some compromise (but lots of that with building) we have decided on our revised brick selection:

PGH - matte textures - mild steel

It means we have to pay an additional $1.9k but the colour is darker (& a bit nicer). Now for the compromise - the $$ have to come off the furniture budget.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Construction Certificate

Yay we have received our construction certificate today. I'm really happy as another step closer.

We have also received our PCV for any DA required changes. The only cost item (which is big) is for $3K for BAL 12.5 Bushfire requirements. The actual cost is $11K but luckily we had a $8K provision in our contract tender. It does include flyscreens & sarking which we actually wanted so not all bad really.

The other thing I have received is the quote to change our bricks. My first choice is $1.9K and our second choice is no change. I have to decide if the additional cost is justified now or let it go.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rude Builder (a neighbours not ours)

On the weekend we found out our rear neighbour has almost finished their build. They have had their temp fencing removed and we can now see the impact of the excess fill on our land (as they put their sedimentary fence on our land). It's only a meter or so on our land and about 30-40 CM high but we don't want to have to remove it ourselves.

I called their builder (their SS) today and asked him if he can remove it and he bascially said he was happy with it and he wouldn't be changing it, to speak to my builder to get it moved or our neighbours landscaper. He was really rude on the phone too. I have brought this up with them before so it's not the first time they are hearing about it but I wanted to make sure it was done before they left the site.

Not sure what to do now. I think I might have to suck it up!